Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Christmas!


Happy Christmas, dear fellow bloggers, followers and readers! I hope that all of you have a safe and peaceful Christmas, whether you are spending it with family, with friends, or alone.



In previous posts, I have mentioned the scrap albums which were either made for me, or passed down in the family. The images in this post come from a scrap book which my English grandmother made for me - probably when I was about 5 years old. I don't remember exactly when she sent it, but it contains a lot of Christmas images, so it may have been a Christmas present.


She also included lots of images of northern hemisphere winters, no doubt so that her Australian granddaughter could become familiar with them.


One thing I love about this scrap book is that I could run my finger over the pictures and feel them. The robin at the front of the stove here was cut out of a card and pasted on to the larger picture - and on a lot of pages my grandmother had built up a picture this way, making a very tactile scrap book, as well as one that is visually stimulating.

Love and hugs to you, dear fellow bloggers - see you after Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! have a good Christmas Rebecca. Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Rebecca! I hope you enjoy it with your loved ones. This scrapbook is precious and really lovely -- thanks for sharing. I look forward to your posts in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scrapbook!
    Merry Christmas
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rebecca, love & hugs to you, too! I like your scrapbook so much and love to see some pages again - these memories are so cute and special!!

    Merry Christmas (again), yours Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your Christmas wishes. I had a pleasant Christmas with my family - my mother, my sister and I spent it as usual with my father's sister, and a couple of days later saw my mother's brother who's out from England!

    I hope your Christmases were lovely, and not too snowy! I haven't had much internet access over the holidays, so I've been a bit slow responding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to think of all the love your grandmother put into making this scrapbook for her little granddaughter...a gift that keeps on giving, each time you look at it! It's "slices of heart you get with a gift that gives any gift its' weight."

    ReplyDelete